- Table variables can not have Non-Clustered Indexes
- You can not create constraints in table variables
- You can not create default values on table variable columns
- Statistics can not be created against table variables
- Instantiated in tempdb
- Clustered indexes can be created on table variables and temporary tables
- Both are logged in the transaction log
- Just as with temp and regular tables, users can perform all Data Modification Language (DML) queries against a table variable: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE.